Understanding and Treating Major Depressive Disorder
Enroll in the EPA Online Course "Understanding and Treating Major Depressive Disorder"
and learn at your own pace!
This course is directed by Prof. Allan Young and Dr. Roland Zahn from King's College London, UK and with the support of Prof. Anthony Cleare, King's College London, UK.
The topics range from epidemiology and pathophysiology to affective neuroscience and treatment paradigms. Led by world leading clinician scientists, this introduction to clinical depression is a must see for all those who seek to understand clinical depression better.
The course is composed of 4 thematic chapters:
Chapter 1: Understanding Major Depressive Disorder
Chapter 2: Differential Diagnosis
Chapter 3: Evidence-based treatment
Chapter 4: Treatment-resistant depression
Throughout this course, you will:
- Study the epidemiology and risk factors of depression
- Enhance your diagnostic knowledge and skills
- Update your knowledge on pharmacological and non-pharmacological evidence-based treatment options
- Learn about experimental and future treatment approaches for treatment-resistant depression
- Each chapter is focused on a different topic and includes up to 7 lessons, recommended readings, a quiz and a thematic discussion to help you master the knowledge and skills of the related topic.
- It will take approximately 2 hours to complete each chapter, depending on your own pace and availability.
- There is no prerequisite knowledge or admission requirements to take this course.
You will be able to train whenever and wherever you want - there is no time limit to complete this course!
Assessments & Certificate of Completion
- At the end of each chapter, you can assess your knowledge with a quiz
- Once you finish the course, you will be able to download your individual Certificate of Completion
What do our learners say about this course?
"Always great to gain more knowledge from two experienced professionals!"
"The actor with the role of a patient did a really good job. I
felt his problems and was sincerely happy when he got a little better"
"An excellent course for those wishing to advance their basic knowledge of MDD"