ABOUT THE COURSE
This course is directed by Dr. Stirling Moorey, Consultant Psychiatrist in CBT, South London and Maudsley NHS Trust and Visiting Senior Lecturer, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) - King’s College
It is designed for all health professionals and any learner interested in the field of mental health and covers the varieties of CBT, their evolution, the application of CBT to various disorders, its key clinical features
the place of this important therapy in psychiatry today through 4 thematic chapters:
Chapter 1: CBT Past and Present
Chapter 2: CBT for Anxiety and Depression
Chapter 3: CBT in action - Treating a depressed patient
Chapter 4: CBT in Psychiatric Practice
Once you complete the 4 chapters, you will be able to:
- Explain the basic varieties of cognitive and behavioural therapies and their historical development,
- Describe the general cognitive model and recognise the factors involved in the development and maintenance of emotional disorders and critically evaluate the evidence base for cognitive behavioural therapy,
- Recognise the structural, interpersonal and technical components of a cognitive behaviour therapy session,
- Assess the suitability of a patient for formal cognitive behavioural therapy and utilise simple techniques in a psychiatric session.
Course format and schedule
- Each chapter will focus on a different topic and will include videos, recommended readings, a quiz and a thematic discussion. Each of them is composed of 4 to 8 video lessons (mini-lectures, demonstrative role-plays, interviews with international experts, etc.) to help you master the knowledge and skills of the related chapter.
- It will take approximately 2 hours to complete each chapter, depending on your own pace and availability.
As a participant, you will be able to train whenever and wherever you want - there is no time limit to complete this course!
Assessments & Certificate of Completion
- At the end of each chapter, you can assess your knowledge with a quiz.
- Once you finish the course, you will be able to download your individual Certificate of Completion
There is no prerequisite knowledge
or admission requirements to take this course.