Today is the first day of your training on Motivational Interviewing and we warmly thank you for enrolling in this course!
By now, you probably already know a lot more about it thanks to the introductory module “About the Online Course”. If not, go check it out!
You will find more detailed information on the course content and learning objectives, plus you can introduce yourself and meet the other participants in this forum. Don’t forget to fill out our Welcome survey as well before you start the course.
Then it’s time to get to work with Chapter 1 “The Relational Foundation”.
In this chapter, we will work together to:
- Reflect on the key traits of both good and bad helpers
- Learn a basic definition of motivational interviewing
- Understand the partnership view of the patient-doctor relationship
- Gain awareness of how low therapist empathy impacts outcomes
- Appreciate the importance of change talk and sustain talk
- Understand what ambivalence is and its impact
We also hope you’ll participate in this week’s discussion, we are here to answer your
Don’t forget that Chapter 2 will be available from Wednesday 5 June 2019.